Tuesday, December 05, 2006

But he went far...

So in Montessori preschool, there's this activity where kids draw a picture and then dictate a story about the picture to the teacher who writes it verbatim on the lines below the picture. Well, we have about a billion of them from both boys but yesterday, Graham brought home one that he wrote himself and I love it so much I just can't stand it. I will have to translate, since he has written in his own Graham-phonics language. When he read it with me last night, it went something like this:

"Once upon a time, there was a little boy and he went outside. He saw a big tree. There were lots of apples in it. And his mom told him to stay close by her house but he went far."




I think we'll definitely be having baked apples for dinner tonight.

No comments: