Saturday, January 13, 2007

Buenos Dias from Ecuador!

Yes, that´s right. I am in Ecuador with a group of students from BSC and instead of hiking up a volcano or biking along to see some of this area´s 30 waterfalls, I am at an internet cafe posting to my blog. I don´t know whether to be proud or disturbed.

Our trip has gone very well. We have a great group of 14 students and two faculty members who are lots of fun to travel with. We have learned about sustainable development efforts in the highlands of Ecuador and next week (after our weekend of relaxation here in Banos) we begin our service projects in a community known as Pataloma. I wish I could post some pictures, because I have about 400 already.

Even though every moment of this project has been rich and rewarding, I miss my family very much. I have talked to them about every three days and that helps but I´m totally bummed to have to miss the High School Musical show in Atlanta on Monday. (I´m totally singing Breaking Free to myself right now - not outloud, I´m in an internet cafe in Ecuador!)

I will plan to post the best pictures and stories when I return. In the meantime, maybe Reggie can juggle caring for two kids, a cat, a house, and another post.

Hasta Luego!

No comments: