Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kristin Please Come Home Now


We started our afternoon after school going to Lowes for Drain Opener. The kitchen sink is clogged and the water is backing up out of the washing machine drain. It may be of interest to know that most of the boys clothes are wet and in the washing machine. (see January 4 post re: my great system of staying on top of the laundry.)

As we are getting into the car to come home, I overhear Carter whispering to Graham that the way to get to go to McDonalds for supper is "to butter Dad up." After explaining to Graham what buttering Dad up means, I explain that one need not even bother with buttering anyone up, I am taking the path of least resistance and that path happens to be right through the drive-thru at McDonalds.

We get home and I use my extra strength drain opener which promptly begins to spew and foam and roar out of the washing machine drain all down the wall of the kitchen and onto the floor. I am mopping it up and wondering if I should evacuate and call the fire department but right as I am about to throw in the towel, it stops.

The house now smells like I imagine a meth lab smells, the boys are playing next door having proclaimed that the smell makes the litterbox smell good in comparison and the plumber is on the way-- should be here before eleven p.m.

Kristin, please come home.

No comments: